Terms and Conditions
Low Urpeth Farm Bed & Breakfast / Self Catering near Beamish Museum, Durham City, Chester-Le-Street, Sunderland,Washington, Gateshead & Newcastle.
1) All bookings made by telephone must be confirmed in writing via email or post with the required deposit within 10 days. Email bookings are welcome, and the deposit secures the required dates.
2) A deposit of £100 or one night’s accommodation is required when booking self catering accommodation for a 2 night stay or £150 deposit for a 3 day or longer night stay.
£50 deposit per room is required when booking bed and breakfast for 1 to 2 night stay or one night’s deposit per room is required for a 3 or longer night stay. The balance must be paid on arrival. All Cheques should be made payable to “Mrs H Johnson”.
All deposits include an administration charge of £20 which is non-returnable if a deposit is returned.
3) The Proprietors reserve the right to alter or cancel the booking arrangements in the event of unforeseen circumstances. If cancellation by the proprietor is necessary the monies received shall be returned in full. Our liability would not extend beyond this refund.
4) The cottages & B&B are available from 3pm on the day of arrival until 10am on the day of departure. Any departures after 10am may incur an extra change for late departures. Change over day is usually on Friday or Saturdays. Short breaks for the cottages are a mininum stay of 2 nights.
If you are staying more than 1 week, then a linen & towel change will be done – usually day 7, 8 or 9, convenient to your stay. We normally change the towels, bedlinen and make the beds. However some guests prefer to change their own linen as they do not wish to be disturbed on their holidays.
5) The Proprietors shall not be liable for any loss, damage or injury to clients or any third parties during their stay.
6) The clients shall keep the accommodation and all furniture and fittings in the same state of repair as at the commencement of the stay and shall leave the property in the same sate of cleanliness and general order in which it was found.
7) All food must be paid for in advance and is non refundable.
8) Prices may change without notice, and are confirmed at time of booking.
- We are a small family run B&B & Self Catering Cottages. This means that cancellations can have a large impact both on us and on those we turn away in favour of someone who has already booked and who then cancels late.
- If you have to cancel your stay, please notify Hilary Johnson immediately by phone 0191 4102901 and email (email@example.com) or post and every effort will be made to re-let the property.
- There will be a refund of thedeposit paidup to 3 weeks before the start day of your stay if you have to cancel your booking with the exception of the administration fee mentioned above.
- If the stay is cancelled in the period within 3 weeksbefore the start date of the visit, no monies shall be refunded and the balance of the full cost is still payable to us. We will make all reasonable efforts to re-let the accommodation, but if we are unable to do so, you will remain liable for the total cost of any nights which have not been re-let.
- However there are exceptional circumstances when late cancellation of your visit because of a bereavement or sickness in the family or any similar unforeseen occurrence outside your control which prevents you taking your stay, that we may consider refunding part or all the money owedwith the exception of the administration fee mentioned above. We reserve the right to treat such cases on its own merits.
- If you fail to arrive at Low Urpeth Farm (B&B or Self Catering Cottages) to take your booked accommodation, then you will be remain liable for the total cost of your booking.
- The Proprietors reserve the right to alter or cancel the booking arrangements in the event of unforeseen circumstances. If cancellation by the proprietor is necessary the monies received shall be returned in full. Our liability would not extend beyond this refund.
- Holiday Insuranceis easy and prices are competitive – for more information check to see policies run by your home and car insurers. Alternatively, “Westinsure” provide essential cover for holidays in theUnited Kingdom, and an application form can be obtained by contacting Hilary Johnson at Low Urpeth Farm. We strongly recommend that holiday insurance is secured at the time of your booking.
We look forward to welcoming you to Low Urpeth.